And so the popsicle fascination continues. This one is directly inspired from the popsicle food truck that spurred my interest in making delicious concoctions in the first place… like this avo pop! Now, my family is split right in half between those that like avocado and those that don’t, so this particular one is by far the least popular across the board, but right up my girl’s ally as she’s our avocado lover. Also, I think there’s a fine line between making this taste like guac on a stick and a popsicle, and that line is the sweetness. So, cooking down a bit of sugar in water to produce a syrup, or adding in a little agave nectar goes a long way in keeping this on the sweet “pop” side. If you’re an avocado lover and want a treat packed with a little extra healthy 1-2 punch… here you go!
- 1 Pear
- 1 Lime
- 2 Avocados
- 1/2 C Coconut Milk
- Agave Nectar (or other sweetener) to taste
- Wash, peel and cut the pear, removing the seeds and place in blender or food processor.
- Scoop out the meat of 1 1/2 avocados and add to mixer.
- Pour in coconut milk, squeeze in the juice of one lime and add around a tablespoon of agave nectar or other sweetener.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into popsicle molds and place in freezer for 2 or more hours.