It’s the most wonderful time of the year… with cookies baking, trees trimming, the scents of the holidays are filling our homes (or at least I can’t wait to get home and jump headfirst into the festivities), and something else that fills our thoughts? Presents! It’s time to shop and the specials are happening. We’re rounding up our favorite things (and items on our own wish lists) for this year’s Fresh Mommy Gift Guide series for everyone on your list! We’re kicking off this year’s gift guide roundup with a gift guide for the new mom, because well, we’ve got quite a bit of experience in that department and everything listed here, in multiple price ranges, are things we use (and LOVE!) with our littlest babe. So, if you’ve got a new mama in your life or a baby on the way, I’m sharing some things here you just can’t go wrong with in this gift guide for the new mom!
1. When I reached out to the amazing mama community on Instagram for sleep help with my girl, a resounding Dockatot was the most common answer. It’s been so helpful for our days, for travel, for keeping my girl close, and even for play during the day for Skylar as well. Though I don’t think an overabundance of things for baby is necessary, this is an item I truly have found helpful for ours!
2. Shoes that stay on? Yes please! Since we’re in Florida, we honestly don’t put shoes on Aria all too often, but I do love the uber popular Freshly Picked moccasins because they stay on her feet. And what a cute gift these make too right?!
3. We all want safety as our first priority for baby, but sleep ranks pretty high on the priority list as well. Thankfully with Owlet Baby Vitals Monitor, I’ve been able to accomplish both and rest easy while Aria rests. It does the work for me and let’s me get some winks! Before, when she was fast asleep, there would be times I would want to put my hand on my babe’s chest to make sure she’s still breathing, even when she wasn’t stirring. With this Owlet monitor system, it is designed to notify you when heart rate or oxygen fall outside a preset range. With a simple sock on babe and a small and inconspicuous base station on my nightstand I’m all set. Plus, having all of her vitals at my fingertips in an app on my phone is plenty for peace of mind. It’s surprisingly easy to use too! So while I love being able to see my girl or hear her on typical monitors, this one actually takes the worry away.
I recently heard a few stories of parents who woke to an alert in the middle of the night. An alert that their most precious gift wasn’t breathing. Thankfully their stories have a happy ending, because of the alert, they had time to revive. Oh my mama heart just weeps for their story and I’m grateful for how it was written. And it’s also why I’m grateful for my Owlet monitor (and I know those mamas were so grateful for theirs as well, for that alert!). It’s why it’s on my gift guide.
4. Diaper bags that can be worn as a backpack is so it! Having your hands free while still carrying what you need is the way to go, especially with more than one child. I’m totally in love with our Lily Jade bag shown in this Get Ready With Me video, and they’ve got some amazing sales happening right now. But my husband also really likes this Pentunia Pickle Bottom backpack bag that is a little more “manly” for when he’s got to carry it.
5. While it’s so easy to get pulled into the shiny colors and bright toys lining the aisles, I’ve been very much into less, into sustainable, into wood and more natural materials and this Finn + Emma play gym is as pretty as it is playful! The design fits right into decor without being overtly “baby lives here” and the organic cotton knit and non-toxic wood pieces are interchangeable.
6. This macrame baby swing from Adelisa and Co. is just about as practical as it is cute… and it’s really cute! Right now, I’ve actually got a couple of pillows in ours to help hold Aria up as she rocks and watches me in the kitchen, but I love that it holds up to 55 pounds. I mean, even Brayden could swing in it, and Skylar actually does! They only have a few left in stock for the season, so hurry to get yours!
7. Wearing baby during the day can help dramatically with less crying and fussiness. Solly Baby has some amazing wraps and I use mine all the time and these Happy Baby Wraps also come in a wide array of color choices, plus, they’re on sale right now!
8. My fourth babe is a drooler. Seriously, it’s like a constant waterfall and the only thing I can do is try and keep her dry as much as possible to avoid rashes. Since I don’t really want to change her outfit multiple times a day, having a stack of cute bibs on hand has been a lifesaver, and finding some really cute ones that only add to her outfit instead of clash with it is ideal. I love these little bandana bibs from Copper Pearl since they super absorbent and super soft as well!
9. I’ve been wanting one of these leather mats from Gathre for awhile now. For everything from baby spills ’round the highchair, to beach visits, to travel (I really wanted one in the airport this past flight while we were delayed), they can totally come in handy! Any mama would be happy having one of these under the tree!
10. I’ve actually got a couple name rings on order for me for Christmas and I’m so excited about it. Name rings in a personal signature or these personalized bands are both great options for a great price too!
11. A soft, beautiful rug for baby to play on, sure! A rug that can be thrown right into the washer? Yes please! Seriously, these Lorena Canals rugs are such a brilliant idea for any room in the house, and especially an area your kids will grace often. In such a wide range of colors and options, these washable rugs are where it’s at.
One place I’ve recently found to shop for all things baby is at The Baby Cubby, made up of parents who have been there, who know what it’s like and who are passionate about encouraging, inspiring, and reminding parents how amazing they are and how important their role is. Any company that values inspiring parents like they do is one I want to look at!
Their team works hard to find the best and safest baby gear and provide it to parents in a fun shopping experience, they always price match and actively engage with parents via social media and the cubby community blog to discuss some of those hard topics of parenting. Plus, there’s free shipping nationwide everyday at BabyCubby.com over $49 You can find so many of our favorite things listed here right on their website!
So tell me, are you out braving the Black Friday/Weekend shopping crowds or are you cyber shopping your way through the sales? I definitely am the online shopping type!
Happy Shopping! XO
A few items shown here that we use and love with our baby are c/o Owlet, Finn + Emma, Lorena Canals and The Baby Cubby.