Enjoy the seasonal fall flavors with this quick and easy way to get breakfast on the table with our Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins! Moist, spiced pumpkin muffins with a swirl of sweet cream cheese to fuel up for the day… or anytime!
To note: Sponsored by Horizon Organic
Fall is here and we love to incorporate seasonal produce into our kitchen rhythm as much as we can. Finding seasonal produce not only makes it easier on the weekly meal budget, but also in learning, enjoying and fully leaning into the seasons. That’s why pumpkin is such a a favorite to work with during the fall. Pumpkins are everywhere so we might as well take advantage of a good thing and craftily add a vegetable into some of our meals and desserts. With more potassium than a banana, high in Vitamin A, C and beta-carotene, pumpkin is definitely more than just our favorite fall flavor.
And yeah, we’ve got a slew of pumpkin recipes and inspiration!
Our family absolutely loved these pumpkin cream cheese muffins! They make a great starter for those inevitable hurried mornings or nice light treat after a family dinner. And really, it’s kind of like having a cupcake for breakfast, but the great part is they’re already “frosted” as they bake!
It was smiles all around because my kids were asking for more and I love showing my kids what healthier living can be… and all that organic can be: soul-nurturing, wholesome and adventurous experiences for the whole family. It’s why I like using uncomplicated options like Horizon organic dairy and other simple ingredients to whip up something we all love.
Pumpkin lovers, breakfast just got waaay better! 😍
Full recipe: http://freshmommyblog.com/pumpkin-cream-cheese-muffins/ with Horizon Organic [ad]
Posted by Fresh Mommy Blog on Tuesday, October 24, 2017
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 oz) can organic pumpkin (pure pumpkin puree)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Horizon Organic butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease muffin tin and set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in pumpkin, butter and vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda and salt until well combined. Slowly whisk the mixtures together, until there are no lumps. Fill muffin tins 3/4 full.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add in sugar, egg yolk and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Top each muffin with about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture and use a toothpick to swirl it into the batter.
- Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Like this post? Feel free to share it!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon. The opinions and text are all mine.