Don’t let snack time leave you guessing! Today we’re sharing some top school snacks to fuel up any time of the day in this post sponsored by a couple of our favorite brands we’ve been using for years, Horizon Organic and Santa Cruz Organic.
If my kids could, they would snack all day. Even breakfast lunch and dinner could consist of snacks and they would be completely satisfied. I mean, they are MY children after all and my favorite type of meal is the one that can be shared and snacked on! Give me a charcuterie board for dinner any day, or a meal of shared tapas style food and I’m one happy girl. It’s no wonder my kids feel the same. Last school year, I tried to have a healthy snack ready for my little ones as they came through the door at the finish of a busy school day, and this year I want to have these healthy options at the ready for them again. So whether packing that lunchbox side, a post-lunch snack or a wholesome treat to fill your kid’s bellies any time of the day, we’ve rounded up some of our favorite organic options that we feel good about offering to our kids (and eating with them!).
A couple of my favorite brands to keep around the house are Horizon and Santa Cruz Organic, which are both organic and delicious! It’s more than just the label of organic, when I reach for these products, I know I’m choosing an option with no antibiotics, no growth hormones, no persistent pesticides and non GMO. Mixing fresh produce with brands that I trust, below are a few of my favorite, simple and tasty snacks to pack as school snacks and for my family throughout the day.
- Horizon Organic cheese sticks
- Hummus (or white bean dip to keep it nut free) + veggies
- Fruit + Greek yogurt – Slice up some grapes and kiwi and a small bowl of greek yogurt for dipping, every kid loves to dunk their food!
- Turkey + Cheese roll ups – Wrap a Horizon Organic cheese stick in a slice of turkey for a quick protein rich snack!
- Fruit kebobs (strawberries / kiwi / melon balls / grapes/ banana / berries / etc.)
- DIY trail mix (nuts / dried fruits / popcorn / raisins / cranberries / dye free candies / etc.)
- Horizon Organic crackers or grahams
- Santa Cruz Organic applesauce (also available in individual pouches and cups for an easy on-the-go option!) – It’s organic, healthy snacking! All Santa Cruz applesauce products are made with wholesome organic fruits to create their lively flavors. That’s true goodness on the go!
- Greek yogurt (with berries + granola)
- Sliced fruit + Horizon Organic cheese shapes – All the goodness of your own favorite cheese board wrapped up in kid-friendly bites! Sliced apple, pear or even fig with cheddar shapes is a treat I like to sneak along with them!
I like to pick up lunchbox and snack goods on our Target runs, in fact we’ll be headed there today… and I’m sure I’ll end up with more things in my cart than I planned. #TargetDoesItAgain. Ha! But I always log in and use the cartwheel app to save! Have you used it yet? Make sure to check it out next time you’re at Target, save 20% on Horizon with Cartwheel and go in-store for savings on Santa Cruz Organic.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon and Santa Cruz. The opinions and text are all mine.