[su_note note_color=”#ffffff”]I am an official ambassador for Dole Fresh. Dole provided me with compensation for my time. As always, all opinions expressed in this post are mine. [/su_note]
If you’ve been around here before, you’ve heard me talk about some of our own “superhero” food recipes with Dole, from Incredibles themed meals, Captain America inspired breakfast and more. We’ve long been a fan, and that’s why I was happy to try out their new power meal recipes, including nine Dole fruit and vegetable recipes with specific
On Dole, you can find the complete power meal recipe series! Below, I’m sharing some of my favorites that they created for the collaboration, including a couple that are high in iron (something I’m looking for right now as an expecting mama): Easy Wake Up Oats for breakfast, A Coconut Acai Bowl for a delicious snack anytime, Spicy Sweet Potato and Banana Chili in Tortilla Bowls for a tasty lunch or dinner, and Sweet Apple Shaved Brussels Sprouts & Lentils for a perfect side or summer treat!
4 Power Meal Recipes to Power Through Your Day
Ingredients for your Acai Bowl:
- 4 DOLE® Bananas, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsalted almond butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pkg. (14 oz.) frozen unsweetened acai berry pulp
- 2 cups DOLE Strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup granola
- 1 tablespoon cocoa nibs, optional
- 2 tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut, optional
- PEEL and slice 2 bananas.
- COMBINE bananas, 1/4 cup almond butter, cocoa powder, acai pulp, 1 cup strawberries, and almond milk in blender container. Cover; blend until smooth. Divide the puree between four bowls.
- PEEL and slice remaining 2 bananas.
- TOP puree with banana slices, remaining 1 cup strawberries, granola, cocoa nibs, coconut, and remaining 1 tablespoon almond butter.
Ingredients for your Wake Up Oats:
- 1-1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup ground chia seeds
- 2 DOLE® Bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups mixed berries (DOLE® Strawberries, DOLE® Blueberries, or DOLE® Blackberries)
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts, chopped (almonds, pecans, or walnuts)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened grated coconut
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup, optional
- COMBINE oats, ground chia seeds, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- LAYER the oat mixture with berries, nuts, and coconut to fill pint-sized mason jars, pour almond milk over the top and seal with lids. Refrigerate overnight.
- REMOVE from refrigerator and drizzle with honey or maple syrup, if desired.
Ingredients for your Tortilla Bowls:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 DOLE® Red Onion, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, cored, seeded and diced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Salt, to taste
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water or low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (12 oz.) DOLE Sweet Potato, peeled and diced
- 2 firm DOLE Bananas, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups DOLE Baby Spinach, loosely packed
- Cilantro leaves, diced avocado, sliced DOLE Green Onions, sliced DOLE Radishes, low-fat sour cream or plain Greek yogurt (optional garnishes)
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- Olive oil spray
- HEAT olive oil over medium-high heat and cook onions until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and continue cooking 2 minutes. Add poblano pepper, if desired, and cook for 1 minute. Stir in chili powder, cumin and salt.
- ADD tomatoes, water or broth, sweet potato and banana. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes. Fold in baby spinach just before serving.
- MEANWHILE, preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly spray each tortilla with olive oil spray. Press into cups of a muffin tin, making sure bases are flat. Bake until firm and lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- ARRANGE tortilla cups on serving plates or platter. Fill cups with approximately ¾ cup of chili and garnish with cilantro, sliced green onions, radishes, avocado, and sour cream or low-fat Greek Yogurt if desired.
- 1 pkg. (11.1 oz.) DOLE® Slawesome!™ Sweet Apple Kit
- 1 DOLE® Granny Smith Apple, cored and diced
- 1 cup thinly sliced DOLE® Brussels Sprouts
- ½ cup cooked lentils
- ¼ cup thinly sliced DOLE® Celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup chopped toasted walnuts
- IN large bowl, prepare Slawesome! kit as package directs. Add apple, Brussels sprouts, lentils, celery, dates, and parsley to slaw; toss. Makes about 6 cups.
- DIVIDE slaw mixture into 4 bowls; sprinkle with walnuts.