Since our blueberry picking venture last week, we’ve been making all sorts of “berry” yummy things! With a few cups left, I knew we wanted to make a batch (or as many as I could!!) of our blueberry jam.
Blueberries are a superfood that my kids and I just can’t get enough of, and I’m already planning another “picking date” while they’re still in season so I can stock up. For our homemade jam, we took a healthier twist and said goodbye to the processed sugar! It’s also loaded with nutrient dense chia seeds. Don’t worry though, it’s still smooth and delicious, as this super healthy seed is used as the thickener!
- 2 Cups fresh blueberries
- 2 Tbsp agave nectar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- Add blueberries to a pot and coat with agave nectar and lemon juice
- Heat over medium/low heat until blueberries are soft and bubbling (5 minutes)
- Lightly smash blueberries and reduce heat slightly
- Add in chia seeds and mix to combine
- Bring heat back to medium/low and let bubble until jam thickens, being careful not to let it burn (another 5 minutes)
- Turn heat off and let cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to jars
- Store in fridge for 2-3 weeks
Easy, delicious and healthy jam in under 30 minutes! This is one of my absolute favorite jams… especially on toasted baguette with goat cheese, while my daughter loves to dish a couple of spoons into a cup of yogurt with some of our homemade vanilla granola. Yum!
What’s your favorite jam? Do tell!