These fun Waffle Cone Ice Cream Painted Flower Pots are a simple to make and even topped with a cherry! Perfect for summer decor, an ice cream social or to satisfy your DIY sweet tooth.
With my fourth babe, my littlest, my wee one turning ONE on Saturday (yes, that’s right ONE, and just typing that brought tears to my eyes and makes me want to grab her up into a big cuddle), we decided to have a little Ice Cream Social for her. While we wanted to keep it light and simple, being that we haven’t even moved into our home (under remodel) yet, we also wanted to have some family and close friends around to celebrate her and her very special life. So… ice cream with friends on a hot day it is!
But, with any event, even one with just a few people stopping by for ice cream and the birthday song, I can’t quite leave it at that. My desire to party-plan still runs deep. And a chance to celebrate the life of my sweet babe? Well, it deserves plenty of sweet.
I had some extra small flower planters from another project I was working on and decided to give them some sweetness of their own! These Waffle Cone Ice Cream Painted Flower Pots will totally satisfy that DIY sweet tooth… and they don’t take long to craft either![Tweet “Painted Waffle Cone Ice Cream Flower Pots to satisfy your #DIY sweet tooth!”
To Make Waffle Cone Ice Cream Painted Flower Pots
- Start with a pencil and lightly draw a drip line about an inch down from the top and then a second line an inch lower than that. These will be the two layers of “Ice Cream”. The nice thing is you want the ice cream to look “drippy” so being concise isn’t a concern.
- Next use the pencil to make a criss cross pattern along the bottom half for the waffle cone design.
- Using a small tipped brush and brown paint, cover the criss crossed pencil lines with the brown paint. By the time you complete all sides, use a flat wet brush to slightly blend some of the paint from the lines onto the open squares of the pot.
- Use the paint color for the bottom row of “Ice Cream” and fill in the line above the waffle cone design.
- Use the paint color for the top row of “Ice Cream” and bring it over the lip of the flower pot.
- Let paint colors dry and then fill in with paint pens to create sprinkles, chocolate chips or any other extras.
- Once you fill your painted flower pots, you can even add a cherry on top by attaching a red pom to a skewer and placing in the flowers.