Hey all ya goblins! Whether you’ll have a house full of little spooks and superheroes tonight or you’ll munching a bowl full of candy while passing it out to a trail of little darlings, Happy Halloween!
This year I’m taking up the job of Professional Procrastinator and began creating our matching costumes for our family of five LAST night. Today I’ll finish them up as well as decorate the house for a party. Nothing makes me feel more like a fairy godmother than a bunch of materials and a hot glue gun wielded like a wand of magic. In case you favor the same procrastinating way, I thought I’d share a super simple treat to whip up for your little monsters and ragamuffins.
Dirt n’ worms will certainly add some sweet and spooky to your night!
- 5 medium apples, washed and dried
- 1 bag (11 oz.) soft caramels
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 6 oreos, crushed
- Handful of gummy or sour worms for garnish
- Remove stem from each apple and insert one stick into the top of each apple, pushing down into the core.
- Spray a sheet of waxed paper with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place oreos in a bowl and crush by pressing with the bottom of a cup.
- Open caramels and place in microwave safe bowl, add water. Cook on for up to 3 minor until caramel bits are completely melted, stirring every minute.
- Dip apples into melted caramel until evenly coated, spooning caramel over apples if necessary. Allow excess caramel to drip off. Scrape bottoms of apples, dip into the bowl of crushed oreos to coat the bottom of the apple in "dirt". Set on prepared wax paper to cool.
- Press sour worms into caramel while warm.
- Let fully cool and enjoy!
What are you dressing up as tonight? Feel free to follow me on Insta for our costume reveal later tonight (once it’s finished of course).