When holidays, like Easter, are right around the corner, the pressure can be on to perform, to make things big and grand and better than before. Sometimes though, the saying really does ring true, “the more simple, the better.” Making things “big” isn’t necessarily the stuff memories are made from, and it’s certainly not the most important thing
To add an extra touch of special though, I’ve found that sometimes the sweetest things come in the smallest packages… and my kids are super fans of these DIY Fun and Festive Easter Favor Jars!
To make these festive DIY Easter candy jars, you’ll need:
- Small glass jars with lids
- Hot glue gun OR super glue
- Small plastic animals of choice (I chose a barnyard theme for Easter, i.e., bunny, chicken, puppy, sheep, etc)
- Sandpaper (depending on the finish of the animals, if too shiny, you’ll need to sand slightly)
- Candy or other fillers of choice
Whether you’re looking to create favors for guests or sweet gifts your kids will love, and use long after the holiday is over, we’ve got you covered!
How To Make These DIY Easter Favor Jars
- To begin, set out all of your items and turn on that glue gun to get it heating up. If animals are shiny, you may need to use sandpaper and give it a quick swipe just to help make sure the glue and the paint stick around.
- Hot glue the animals to the lid of each jar. With the lid separated from the jar and the animals attached, go ahead and paint. I chose a metallic finish for these just to up the glam factor, but any color or finish will do. You may need to give it 2-3 light coats.
- Once the paint is dry, you’re ready to fill your Easter candy jars and get big smiles as you hand these out! Happy crafting friends!