Are you looking for an alternative to the traditional Easter bunny gift basket this holiday season? Look no further than a DIY Easter gift bag!
Easter gift bags are a great way to make your Easter celebration special without breaking the bank. Whether you’re looking for a way to spread some joy or just want a creative alternative to the traditional Easter bunny basket, DIY Easter gift bags are a great option. They are easy to make, budget friendly, and can be filled with fun gifts and treats that your friends and family will enjoy! In this blog post, I’ll show you how to make your own Easter gift bags on a budget.
A DIY Easter Gift Bag on a Budget [VIDEO tutorial]
Why an Easter Basket or Gift Bag?
The Easter Basket is a tradition that dates back centuries and has become an iconic holiday symbol.
Historically, the Easter basket was filled with eggs and springtime treats as a representation of new life and abundance. Today, the tradition still stands strong with baskets filled with candy, toys, stuffed animals, and other surprises.
A fun fact about Easter baskets is that it is said that the Easter Bunny started leaving them in homes in the 1700s. The tale is that the bunny would fill the baskets with eggs and goodies for children to find on Easter morning.
While Easter baskets are a delightful tradition, they can be a bit pricey. A great way to save some money while keeping the tradition alive is to opt for a gift bag instead. You can easily make your own gift bag with materials you have around your house and customize it with a few trinkets or treats to make it extra special. Gift bags are also a great way to get creative and make something unique for your loved ones. Plus, you won’t have bulky baskets to store afterward!
- Lunch bags (plain or decorated)
- Cotton Balls
- Hot glue gun (or use a stapler)
- Easter Grass (optional, but a fun filler)
- Easter Eggs
- Easter Candy
- Markers or pens
- Optional: Mini stuffed animals or small toys
Creating your own Easter gift bags is a great way to show your family and friends you care this holiday season. All you need are some basic materials, such as lunch bags, ribbons, Easter grass, paper eggs, Easter candy, stickers, glue, scissors, markers or pens, and optional mini stuffed animals or small toys. Gather all the supplies you’ll need and get ready to create some truly unique Easter gift bags!
Making your own Easter gift bags is a great way to save money and add a personal touch to any Easter gift. All you need are a few simple materials and you can create the perfect gift bag for your loved one. Here’s how:
- Gather the supplies. For tools, you’ll need scissors, a glue stick or stapler, and ribbon, string or cord to tie the bag closed.
- Fold your paper lunch bags in half, lengthwise.
- Next, use scissors to cut out the shape of the bunny ears. Similar to cutting a paper heart, just cut the shape of one ear and then unfold the paper bag.
- Using a hot glue gun (or a stapler if you’re in a pinch) attach a cotton ball to each paper bag.
- Fill the bag: Now it’s time to fill the bag with your Easter gifts! Whether it’s candy, stuffed animals, toys, or other treats, make sure that everything fits securely inside the bag (below the ears) before you secure it closed.
- Fold the bunny ears across each other to close the top of the bag. Tie a ribbon at the top, just below the bunny ears to secure each DIY Easter Gift Bag.
And there you have it! Your DIY Easter gift bags are now complete and ready to be given to your friends and family. Have fun creating these special, and adorable, bags!
Tips and Tricks
- Make your own Easter Bunny Gift Bag decorations! You can cut out bunny shapes from construction paper or felt, add buttons for eyes and pompoms for ears, and then glue them on to the gift bags.
- Reuse old Easter eggs and fill them with candy. You can also paint the eggs to create unique designs. This is a great way to create custom Easter Bunny Gift Bags without breaking the bank.
- Don’t forget to get creative with your fillings! Instead of candy, you can fill your bags with colorful stickers, puzzles, toys, and art supplies. You can also add items like homemade cookies and cupcakes.
- Shop around for discounts and sales. You don’t have to buy all your supplies at once; start collecting items early so that you can take advantage of sales throughout the season.
- Utilize coupons and promo codes. Many online retailers offer discounts and coupons when you buy in bulk or order multiple items. Be sure to look for these deals before making your purchase!
- Make your own paper shreds or tissue paper filler. You can find lots of tutorials online for making your own colored paper shreds or tissue paper with supplies you already have at home! This is an easy way to make your gift bags look more festive.
- Personalize the gifts. Add tags or notes to the gifts to make them extra special! This is a great way to show your appreciation and make each gift unique.
Making your own Easter Bunny Gift Bags can be a fun and budget-friendly way to give thoughtful gifts this holiday season. With a little creativity, you can make beautiful, memorable gifts without breaking the bank!
More Spring and Easter recipes and ideas!
The Best Homemade Playdough Recipe with Essential Oils for Calming
Easy Recipe for The Best Homemade Playdough with Essential Oils for Calming by top Florida lifestyle blogger Tabitha Blue of Fresh Mommy Blog. Change the colors and cookie cutters for any holiday. This pink is perfect for Valentine's Day or Easter!
A Mean Green Juice
Green juice recipe from Joe Cross – a great juice for boosting your immune system and keeping your whole body clean, healthy, and happy.
Rainbow Play Dough Cookies Activity + Recipe
Colorful rainbow playdough that turn into deliciously fruity cookies! It's a recipe and activity in one!
Leave a Reply