Pineapples are one of the trendier fruits this season, and the fruit theme that’s popping up on everything isn’t going away anytime soon! From clothing to handbags and decor, this delicious fruit is leaving it’s mark. So, I thought why not make a vase with it?!
Whether you’re having a tropical party or just want to spice up your summer, using a pineapple is an easy statement piece, that makes a big impact with just a little bit of time! I’ve been seeing lots of super adorable DIY Pineapple Floral Arrangements around and thought I’d give it a try… and I’m glad I did, a pineapple floral arrangement is so simple to do!
Supplies for a DIY Pineapple Floral Arrangement:
- A selection of Flowers
- Ice cream Scoop
- A Sharp Knife
- Empty small plastic bottle
So, I will say, I stopped by the florist shop up the street from us and they were at the tail end of their supply. Literally, these flowers I picked up were the last ones in their shop! Crazy! It would be really easy to pick up a simple arrangement from the grocery store as well, and honestly, I bet they would have had a larger selection than what I found at the florist!! Lesson learned. But, by placing them in the pineapple, it turned my small floral selection into such a pretty centerpiece and addition to our outdoor display!
I styled a Tiki Bar Cart for HSN recently with this Pineapple Floral Arrangement, isn’t it cute?!
Directions for a DIY Pineapple Floral Arrangement:
- Cut the top off your pineapple.
- Using the knife cut a hole in the flesh of the pineapple about half an inch from the edge.
- Using a spoon or ice cream scoop, scoop out and remove the flesh of the fruit.
- Cut a plastic bottle so that it fits snug in the pineapple.
- Add water to the the bottle.
- Cut your flowers down to size and arrange in your pineapple.