Lipstick is one of my favorite things! I wear lipstick almost every day (okay, this week was a bit of an exception since we’ve been home and under the weather for most of it), and today I’m excited to share some favorite shades and in my opinion the best pink lipsticks to get you through spring and summer. The shades I’m talking about today range from nudies to corals to bright and bold in a variety of price ranges too!
While I still reach for my fave reds, and in the fall I crave plums and darker shades, there’s nothing like a great pink to wake up your face (a good color really does brighten the entire complexion), and looks especially great with a tan that starts to happen this time of the year.
Best Pink Lipsticks:
STILA STAY ALL DAY LIQUID LIPSTICK (BELLA): This is a power color for sure. It’s a hot pink with a LOT of pigment that goes on matte, stains, and really does stay all day.
L’OREAL PARIS COLOUR RICHE MATTE LIP PEN (SHE’S SO MATTE): I love this color for a great daytime look. It can be understated, dressed up with a little gloss and eye makeup and kind of falls into the nude catagory without being too nude or sickly looking. For sure it’s a healthy, natural pink color that looks fabulous in a matte finish.
- MAC LIPSTICK (CANDY YUM YUM): Another bright pink that I love. This one isn’t hot pink, it’s more of a neon pink or a really bright, saturated cotton candy color. Such a bright color that is really fun for the beach or a day out in the sunshine. It goes on matte, and your lips definitely need a good scrub beforehand. 😉
- WET N WILD SILK FINISH (SUNSET PEACH): Who knew that lipstick could come in at a price under $1?! This value shade packs so much value. It’s a shimmery coral color that looks so beautiful with a swipe of bronzer or a tan. It doesn’t go on super pigmented, but the coloring is beautiful, moisturizing for the lips and can even be worn over other colors, like the L’Oreal lip pen mentioned above!
- L’OREAL PARIS COLOUR RICHE GLOSSY BALM (INNOCENT CORAL): The glossy balm is another color that doesn’t pack a lot of pigment with each swipe, but the moisture content makes up for it. If you want a light swipe of color and lots of shine, this is your stick. Or use it over another color (especially just in the center of your lips) for added shine and volume.
- BITE HIGH PIGMENT PENCIL (CORVINA): Another on my list of fave go-to summer bold! This is a GORGEOUS, bright, matte, highly-pigmented color that really makes your lips POP. Such a contrast in color from the MAC or the STILA, this coral gives that bit of orange bite (no pun intended) that again, looks amazing on bronzed or tanned skin. And you know what? I think it makes me look more tan even when I’m feeling quite light.
- REVLON COLORBURST MATTE BALM (SULTRY and SHEWY too!): I save this for my “grown-up” days. Not quite sure why I categorize mauve with grown-up and bright pink with cotton candy, but I just do. When I want to wear a great pink for summer but feel the need to be taken a little more seriously, a mauve does it for me! This one has an almost neutral tint to it while still adding plenty of color to your lips and glides on in a smooth matte finish. A great neutral also allows you to let other makeup shine, like a really great eye color or shimmery, glowing skin.
Sometimes it takes a little bit to get used to wearing a super matter, or bright, bold shade, but what I love about lipstick is that it can pull together a look without having to wear a lot of makeup. I don’t like heavy eye makeup (and I’m still learning the eyeliner thing), especially as the weather warms. BUT I can do a lipstick and make myself look put together in VERY little time. Basically, it’s a mother’s make-up BFF. Plus it’s just fun. Hope you enjoyed a look at the shades I’m rotating through this spring + summer!
What are some of your favorite pink lipsticks?!
I’m going to add some of these to my wishlist, I love a good bright pink lip in the spring/summer… especially when you get a little bit of a tan!
Tabitha Blue says
Agreed… especially with a bit of a tan!!!! 🙂
Sometimes it takes a little bit to get used to wearing a super matter, or bright, bold shade, but what I love about lipstick is that it can pull together a look without having to wear a lot of makeup.
Thanks for this blog, really interesting and helpful for all, thank you so much for sharing this article.
Very different & attractive colour 🙂