Happy National Pumpkin Day!! What better way to celebrate than a pumpkin recipe? I mean, we’re kind of full of them over here, but this one? It takes the cake. Or at least, it can go on cake, or toast, or waffles, or warm rolls, or oatmeal… or just about anything. So yeah, it’s a good way to top off pumpkin season, don’t you think?
And goodness, I think it’s time to cool it with the puns.
This is a great butter to make ahead and can easily store in the refrigerator. It’s like the perfect accompaniment to fall, and all of those baked goods, and perfect for the table this holiday season. I’ve already got some ready for our Thanksgiving spread! Another great bonus? You don’t actually have to cook! Grab your ingredients and let a mixer do the work for you.
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add the cinnamon and very gradually, add the pumpkin puree, until completely incorporated. Add the honey and vanilla and beat until thick and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add a pinch of salt if using unsalted butter.
- Serve or store in the fridge in an airtight container. Bring to room temperature before using.