Think you need boxed brownies??? Think again!
These brownies are a scrumptious dark chocolate blend that is super tasty and easy to make! I used to keep a boxed mix on hand just in case I needed a last minute treat, but now I use this easy homemade recipe. It’s amazing and I almost always have the ingredients on hand!
My favorite part is that when you mention they are homemade, people freak out like you did something crazy and super difficult. But I promise you, they are not!
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, cold
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- Heat to 325 degrees. Line the bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on two opposite sides. (This helps when removing the baked brownies from the pan, once cooled).
- Warm butter in 20 second increments in a microwave safe bowl, stirring between. When butter has melted and mixture is quite warm, add sugar, cocoa powder and salt and stir. Don’t worry if it looks gritty, it will become smooth once you add the eggs and flour. Stir in vanilla. Then add eggs, one at a time, stirring vigorously after each one. When the batter looks thick, shiny and well blended, add the flour and stir until fully incorporated. Continue beating with wooden spoon for 2 minutes. Spread evenly in lined pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted into the center and come out almost clean. Cool completely then remove from pan.