The temperatures here have been soaring. And by soaring, I mean, when we get in our car and look at the outside temperature reading, it’s only been a degree or two shy of 100 degrees farenheit most of this week. Enter options to stay cool, like plenty of pool time and popsicles. Lots and lots of popsicles.
Last week, we joined some friends at a baseball game (and relaxed in the suit thanks to them!), although I spent most of my time at the game strolling the food trucks outside. I made nice with the all-natural popsicle truck (the sweet owner and mama inside was preggo with her third) and we talked pops. Mainly, we chatted about life and kids, but I was so intrigued by the flavors she made, like peach jalapeño, blueberry lavender and avocado, that we had to talk shop a bit. So this week? We’re on a popsicle-making mission! I started with something simple, healthy, easy… and patriotic to get us ready for the 4th! And my boys? They can’t get enough of em’ (I’m sure Aliyah would feel the same way, but she’s been on vacay in Michigan with her papa and nana). I love that these are made of pure fruit with a creamy center of organic vanilla yogurt (GREAT with coconut yogurt too for a dairy free option), and besides the great flavor, my boys like the cold treat. Plus, these are great for Skye, who just turned one, and his teething gums.
Red, White and Blue Americana Pops
A cool, refreshing treat this sizzling summer, try out this healthy red, white and blue Americana pop and get your patriotic on!
- 6-7 Large Strawberries
- 1 Cup Yogurt
- 1/3 Pint Blueberries
- Wash and hull strawberries. In a blender or food processor, puree in blender until smooth. Taste mixture, and add a dash of sugar or agave if needed. Pour into bowl with spout.
- Wash blueberries and puree until smooth. Pour into a separate bowl with spout.
- Begin to layer strawberry puree, plain or vanilla yogurt and blueberry puree into clean popsicle molds.
- Using a skewer, make a few impressions into the molds to mix the layers just a bit.
- Insert popsicle sticks, and place molds in the freezer for a couple of hours or until hardened.
- Run under warm water for a minute to loosen popsicles from mold when ready to eat.
If you need a cool, refreshing treat this sizzling summer, try out this healthy red, white and blue Americana pop and get your patriotic on!
these look so delicious and refreshing!! doesn’t even matter that we are not American — it’s got red and white still for Canada. my kids will love them.
This looks delicious and very refreshing, will definitely try it! Great pics as well!
phen375 reviews says
Hello! Would you mind if I share your blog with my
facebook group? There’s a lot of people that I think would really appreciate your content.
Please let me know. Thank you
My site: phen375 reviews
Name (required)Sue Skerjance says
I made these tonight for Reese. I’m sure she’ll love them!
Tabitha Blue says
Awe that’s awesome!! I’m sure she will!