We’re waist-deep in remodeling our cabin retreat and it’s turning out to be one of the best places we’ve ever stayed – the views are incredible, the rooms are all getting their own warm, cozy feel, and there’s plenty of space for our family to relax and play! But the only thing missing from this amazing “Green Room” bedroom was an accent wall to tie all the rusticly, modern decor together. Enter a Foggy Forest Mountain Wallpaper Mural!
Our Cabin’s Ultimate Accent Wall
When we decided to update our cabin’s décor, we knew we wanted something special for the accent wall in what we now call, the green room. We didn’t want anything too busy or cluttered looking, so we went with a Foggy Forest Mountain Wallpaper Mural (PS. I reached out to the company and got a discount code for YOU!). It’s the perfect way to add a touch of nature to our space without going overboard. Plus, it’s so calming and relaxing – exactly what is needed in the mountain cabin bedroom after a long day of hiking or waterfall chasing.
What We Really Liked About This Wallpaper Design
We really liked the overall design of this wallpaper mural. The colors were soothing and inviting, and the mountain scene was very realistic. We also loved how it came in multiple panels, making it easy to install.
Being the only bedroom that didn’t have large mountain views already — with just one window — we wanted to bring that view inside.
Plus, for this mountain wallpaper mural the adhesive was already included — just mix and brush on paste — which made things even easier. I actually really liked using the paste, because we were able to adjust the placement of the wallpaper mural until it lined up just right.
Overall, it was absolutely worth it and truly makes a statement in the room.
How To Match The Design And Color Scheme Of Your Room
Choosing the right wallpaper mural for your room can be tricky. You want to make sure the design and colors match the overall look and feel of the space. Here are a few tips to help you choose the perfect wallpaper mural for your room:
- Take into account the existing color scheme of your room. If you have a lot of earth tones, you may want to consider a forest mural.
- Think about the mood you want to create in your room. A Foggy Forest mural is perfect for creating a cozy and inviting space.
- Keep in mind the size of your room when choosing a mural. You don’t want the mural to be too overwhelming or too small.
- Think about how much light your room gets.
Follow The Same Design Elements From Room To Room
If you want a cohesive design throughout your home, it’s important to follow some basic design principles when choosing wallpaper murals — or any new element for that matter. Stick to a limited color palette, choose similar textures and patterns, and echo design elements in each room.
For example, if you have a rustic cabin retreat, consider a mountain wallpaper mural for an accent wall in one of your rooms. Not only will it look great with your existing décor, but it will also help tie the whole space together. Another way we’re tieing the spaces together is by adding exposed wood trim throughout the house as we remodel it. This gives a slighty modern cabin vibe that we’re loving.
Installing a Mountain Wallpaper Mural Can Be Fun (Really!)
When we first saw the Foggy Forest Mountain Wallpaper Mural, we knew it would be perfect for our cabin retreat! The muted colors and rustic feel of the mural complimented our cabin perfectly. Plus, installing a mural can be a fun project for the whole family! Here’s how we did it:
- We measured the length and height of the wall where we wanted to install the mural, then ordered the wallpaper to fit, giving a few extra inches for the length and width.
- We used a level to make sure that the first piece was installed straight up and down, by marking a line on the wall.
- Using the paste included with our order, we mixed it up in a bucket right before we were ready to begin and applied it to the wall in sections, starting with the width of our first wallpaper section.
- We lined up the wallpaper to the straight line on the wall, pressed onto the paste, smoothed out all air bubbles with an applicator brush, and once it looked right, we trimmed away any excess from around the edges with a knife.
- We continued this process for each section until we reached the end, lining up each section of the mural with the previously applied section.
The Bedroom Before
We bought this fixer-upper with the intent of turning it into our own little cabin retreat. We first tore down all the closet walls in this room to create more space. With it being a short-term rental, meaning short-term stays for our family as well, we didn’t need so much bedroom closet space. Then we added board and batten on the wall with a gorgeous green color to add warmth and comfort along with some comfy textures and layers.
We wanted to create a serene and calming space, so before we did ANY other remodel, I had this Foggy Forest Mountain Wallpaper Mural for the accent wall on my list. Between ordering time and the spacing of our trips, it ended up being one of the last things we added to this room, making for a grand finish!
The Green Room After Section One Was Applied
We chose the Foggy Forest Mountain mural because we wanted an accent wall that would make our cabin feel like a true retreat. We loved the serene and calming feeling it gave off, and it was the perfect size for our space. After section one was applied, we couldn’t have been happier with the results! The wallpaper brought the whole room together and made it feel complete. I couldn’t wait to see how the rest of the mural came together — and thankfully it didn’t take long at all!
After finding the perfect Foggy Forest Mountain Wallpaper Mural, we knew we had to have it for our cabin retreat! The mural was easy to install and really brought the room together. We get so many compliments on it and love how it makes our space feel cozy and inviting. If you’re looking for a unique accent wall, we highly recommend this mural!
Leave a Reply