What is one of the best parts of a big Thanksgiving dinner? The Thanksgiving leftovers! Duh.
But sometimes, you want to mix it up just a little bit. We’ve got the perfect sandwich to use up those leftovers, using a sturdy non-stick sheet pan. Start by shredding the turkey meat with these easy-to-use bear claws. A little warm and toasted with the slightest crunch… and add in a bit of Dijon mustard and pickles to give it that extra kick if you’d like.
Shop the post
Goodness, we like this so much, we make this even when we don’t have leftovers… and you can too! A little deli turkey, pre-made mashed potatoes and boxed stuffing to the rescue! I make it all happen on my current favorite cutting board.
So, save this for when you’ve got a Thanksgiving day menu craving, or need something to do with all of those leftovers. Go ahead and print out this recipe and share it with your guests as you wrap up plates of leftovers to send them home with!
Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwich
- Hawaiian Rolls
- Thick-sliced turkey
- Mashed potatoes
- Cranberry Sauce (can we just admit we use the canned stuff?)
- Gravy (optional)
- Additional optional toppings: pickles, Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees and slice the Hawaiian rolls in half
- Spread generous amount of cranberry sauce on both sides of the rolls, add a layer of turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes.
- Top with extra toppings if desired. Place the top on the sandwich.
- Use a brush to spread gravy over the entire sandwich (if preferred).
- Bake for 10 minutes or until heated through and the top is slightly toasted.
- Pull apart and enjoy!
Leave a Reply