I love the first feelings of crisp cool air in the fall. My mind is filled with emotions and races with memories of each previous year, from the changing of the leaves, to the new harvest of fruit and veggies, to the breaking out the cute cooler-climate wardrobe that has been pining away in our closet and attic spaces… this is by far my favorite and most anticipated season of the year, especially all of the pumpkin recipes!
Fall brings with it the challenges and excitement of trying new pumpkin recipes with my whole family. I love to find creative ways to utilize the fruits and veggies of the season, and pumpkins have such potential to be used in so many culinary delights.
If you are a pumpkin spice lover too, here are three new recipes to try:
Pumpkin Spice Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
For the Cookies
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Frosting
- ½ cup (1 stick) softened butter
- ½ cup softened cream cheese
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (or vanilla bean paste if you’re fancy)
For the cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the ½ cup of butter and sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until well combined. Slowly mix in dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls; flatten slightly with floured fingers (dough will be sticky.)
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the edges are set and just turning golden.
For the Frosting
- Cream butter and cream cheese together. Slowly add powdered sugar and mix with an electric mixer until thick and creamy. Add vanilla and mix on high.
- When cookies are cooled – spread frosting on top with an offset spatula.
Pumpkin Cheesecake in a Jar
- 1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tub (3 cups) whipped topping, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Cream together softened cream cheese, sugar, and honey in a medium bowl.
- Add in pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice until thoroughly combined.
- Fold 2½ cups of whipped topping into the pumpkin cream cheese mixture and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, stir together graham cracker crumbs with melted butter.
- Layer pumpkin cheesecake and graham cracker crumbs into a jar, and top with remaining whipped topping.
Mini Pumpkin Bundt Cakes
This recipe is actually a pumpkin bread recipe, but divided into cute mini bundt loaves and topped with glaze makes this pumpkin recipe such a hit!
For the Bundt cake
- 1 19oz package Baking Co. Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
For the Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tsp milk
- Mix ingredients for bread mixture according to box directions.
- Pour into mini bundt pan and bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
- When toothpick inserted comes out clean, remove from oven and let cool.
- Mix ingredients for glaze while the loaves are cooling.
- Once cool to the touch, dip the top of each loaf into the glaze, return to upright position and let set.