Move over #PSL, there’s a new pumpkin in town and YUMMM is all I can say! Pass on the BORING white alfredo and whip up this creamy pumpkin alfredo dish that’s perfect fall dinner and easy enough for a weeknight meal!
My goal in the kitchen is to make dishes that appeal to ALL of our tastes! Something us adults love with a little nod to the #foodies we like to pretend we are, and yet something our kiddos will slurp up. I aim to get dinner on the table, our farmhouse table to be exact, so we can spend the little bit of time we have together passing plates and sharing stories, as the bustle around our kitchen and dinner table has really become a center of our family life. What we share for dinner is important to me in so many ways, with both our time together and also the ingredients we’re using. My intention is simple, recognizable ingredients in everything we whip up in the kitchen, and the fewer the ingredients, the better! Spending less time at the stove and more time at the table together is why simple dishes like this pumpkin alfredo are perfect for a family weeknight meal!
Keeping uncomplicated options like that classic red Horizon dairy in my fridge helps me just mesh up our favorite flavors together in different ways, while keeping it simple too. A little cream, butter, a simple pasta and a generous helping of salt and pepper and I can get dinner on the table in no time.
Also, in a healthy nod to fall’s quintessential flavor, I added pumpkin. But more than just a flavor infusion, it also packs a really healthy punch, like keeping the heart healthy, vision sharp, immune system boosted and waistlines in check, usually. Maybe not so much the latter when I’m indulging in pumpkin cheesecake or doughnuts! 😉 With more potassium than a banana, high in Vitamin A, C and beta-carotene, pumpkin is definitely more than just the ever popular taste of fall. And in a savory dish like this one, the creamy texture it adds pairs impeccably with a bit of salt, and doesn’t give an “overly” pumpkin taste!
- 1 package fettuccine pasta
- 2 tbsp Horizon Organic butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)
- 2½ cups Horizon Organic heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- Cook the fettuccine according to package directions and set aside. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid in case you want to thin out your sauce.
- Heat the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic; saute until soft and fragrant. Add the pumpkin and heavy whipping cream. Simmer until slightly thickened. Add the cheese and stir to combine.
- Coat cooked pasta in the sauce and thin as needed using the reserved cooking liquid. Top with additional Parmesan and chopped parsley and season to taste (at least one teaspoon coarse sea salt and fresh cracked pepper). Serve immediately and enjoy!
Tell me, what kind of pumpkin recipes do you like to whip up? While I’m ALWAYS game for a pumpkin sweet treat, these more savory dishes have been a delicious dinner treat themselves! If you try, I’d love to see, just snap a pic and tag me on Twitter, Instagram or wherever you like to share 😉
If you liked this recipe, don’t forget to pin it for later, just click the Pin It when hovering an image.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon. The opinions and text are all mine.