Okay, please try not to be too appalled. But pumpkin is not my favorite flavor.
I like it, but if you were to ask me to pick anything to bake, it would probably be some sort of chocolate or cookie. I have a huge sweet tooth and pumpkin just doesn’t cut it for me in the dessert department.
But for breakfast? Pumpkin sounds much better to me there. Last year I made Pumpkin French Toast on Thanksgiving morning to get us to our big meal, so I thought I would try something else in the breakfast arena… Muffins! And not just any muffins, healthy ones at that.
- 1½ cups flour
- 1½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1½ cups canned pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- ¼ cup milk
- One large egg
- One large egg white
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and grease muffin tin.
- Add pumpkin, oil, milk, egg, and egg white to a medium-size bowl, and mix thoroughly. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Fill muffin tins about ¾ of the way full.
- Bake about 15 to 18 minutes
If you’d like them a little sweeter, it’s easy to add a quick powdered sugar glaze. They also taste delicious with a little bit of butter smeared on! The possibilities are endless.
What are some of your fall favorite pumpkin recipes??? I’d love some more non-dessert options!