We’ve already been celebrating the month of love and even before I left for Chicago my family doted on me with a Valentines Day breakfast in bed early… full of all things sweet, pink and delicious, of course!
Brayden couldn’t wait to get the blender going (that kid asks for smoothies daily!), and Skylar was SO excited about heart shaped waffles. Really though, creating a Valentines Day breakfast is as much about the details and presentation as it is about the food, since we all eat with our eyes first anyway.
THE PERFECT VALENTINES DAY BREAKFAST
If you need a little breakfast inspiration for anytime of the year really, or want to share a few Valentines Day breakfast hints with someone you love, go ahead and pass this post along!
Ready to create a perfectly lovely Valentines Day breakfast in bed? Let’s get started!
- Begin with a great tray! We’re going to build from the base up and a sturdy tray in a decent size is a necessity.
- Plan the menu. For a deliciously decadent breakfast in bed, we started with waffles, because hello… heart shaped waffle maker! But really, serving anything that your intended likes to eat makes it a winner. Next up on our menu is a smoothie, but we didn’t want any plain smoothie for this Valentines Day breakfast! Opting for a smoothie bowl, gives another way to present a beautiful treat, while still getting all the nutrition of a smoothie. It’s like eating ice cream and creating art in one! Keep reading for our delightful strawberries and cream smoothie bowl recipe… it tastes like ICE CREAM! So good.
- Make it pretty! Use what you have to dress it up! A halved grapefruit in a bowl is a beautiful, edible decor. Pretty straws, napkins, chocolates and flowers are all great options as well! For our waffles, I didn’t want to leave them plain, although they are already adorably cute, so we cut strawberries in the shape of little hearts to top them! Using a sharp knife, just cut the tops of the strawberries, like you’re cutting a triangle. Then, slice the strawberry in half and you have two mini-hearts! A little powdered sugar over the top of it all doesn’t hurt either. The best thing here is to just add personal, special touches and it will elevate the entire tray!
- Serve it up with a smile. Believe me, the recipient will be so blessed by your thoughtfulness. Oh yeah, and don’t forget the coffee! 😉
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup greek vanilla yogurt
- ¼ cup milk of choice (I use almond milk)
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- Optional: 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- ½ cup cornflakes
- 5 strawberries, sliced (like a heart)
- Banana slices
- 2 Tbsp. almonds
- Extra yogurt to drizzle
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flakes
- 2 Tbsp. mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Blend the strawberries, yogurt, milk, protein powder and maple syrup until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and top with the cornflakes, strawberries, bananas, almonds, coconut flakes, chocolate chips (if feeling extra decadent), and a drizzle of yogurt.
- It takes like strawberry ice cream while being filling and nutritious!