Wow, what a year! I know it sounds cliche, but I really just can’t believe the year 2017 has come and gone and we’re just moments away from turning the calendar page to a new year… and in turn turning the pages of our unwritten story.
It’s a time to reflect and a time to celebrate. A time to dream big and a time to cast vision. And yet, I’m still drinking hot chocolate under the tree.
Am I the only one who waits to take all the Christmas decor down? We’re slowly putting some items away as I clean and purge and prep our lives for the coming year… and yet, I’m at least giving myself until the Epiphany to clear it all out! We’re still on holiday vacation!
But with the turn of the year, I want to take a moment to say THANK YOU! To all of you who click, comment, share, repin, send a note or even leave an emoji… it all means the world to me. Thank you for being a part of my journey, because I truly wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for you!
So here is a year end recap and I’m excited to take a look back and celebrate the year. There is SO much worth celebrating!
2017 MOMENTS I’M CELEBRATING:
- We bought a house! After a few years of renting since our cross-country move to Florida, we bought a home and have been remodeling the ENTIRE place right here on FMB and on House to Home episodes!!! (And yes, I owe you a few more episodes!)
- Starting our own Fresh Mommy Graphic Tee line, with soft t-shirts that I not only LOVE to wear and get complimented on… each one sold gives back. It’s such a part of my heart. And just this week, we started selling on Amazon!! (That in itself was a HUGE win for me!)
- Launched our FIRST digital magazine, The Fresh Edit, (with print copies available as well). We’re already planning out the Spring edition!
- A few beautiful trips with my family, paid for by the blog, and the collaborations with some fabulous hotel and hospitality businesses that made each one special.
- Started as a writer for HSN and for Baby Center!
- Becoming an #OMagInsider… part of Oprah’s inner circle for O Magazine!
- I became certified as a Life Coach!!! Something that has more recently become a dream of mine and something I plan to work into content here to help us all grow and reach our goals, and we can do it, together!
- And finally, this space has allowed me to build this brand, full-time, continue having our studio space and we even hired someone this past year!
TOP FIVE BLOG POSTS WRITTEN IN 2017:
These five blog posts written in 2017 were the ones that received the most traffic. I have many posts written in past years that receive daily traffic thanks to Pinterest, but wanted to focus on the top posts of this year. And while some of them surprise me, and they’re all so different, it’s fun to see which had the most traffic this year and of course, they were all fun to write!
3. Our Top Travel Post: TRAVEL LIGHT: SUMMER TRAVEL AND PREPARING FOR A BEACH GETAWAY
2. Our Top Recipe Post: HAM AND TURKEY MONTE CRISTO WAFFLES SKEWERS
1. Our Top Self-Improvement Post: CALM THE MORNING MADNESS WITH THESE 5 STEPS
WHAT I LOVED:
- This post about Mastering Excuses! Something that helped me keep going this past year when I wanted to offer an excuse instead.
- I really enjoyed creating a few more videos this past year and while they are a lot more work to put together, it’s a fun outlet for me, especially some of these food videos!
- Our House to Home series is something I’m really proud of and we’ve had a ton of great feedback from it! So yeah, I want to continue making these episodes happen.
- Of course The Fresh Edit magazine just happened, but was definitely a highlight of my year!
GOALS FOR 2018:
I’ve been creating a vision board for the coming year, for our home, family and for this space as well, and with that said, 2018 is so on my mind! Instead of dwelling on numbers and followers, I’m committed to developing me, personally, and developing this space as a place to help you! I’m so proud of what we’ve done and have been able to accomplish without those super high numbers in followers (and that’s a great thing!), and I don’t plan to change focus now.
While I do want to continue to grow and reach more people (your comments, clicks and shares help that), I want to develop and deliver content that you all want to see. After all, it’s not about me… it’s about YOU. Growing with YOU, helping YOU, building relationship with YOU!
So, here’s where you come in…
I NEED YOUR HELP! PLEASE FILL OUT MY YEAR END READER SURVEY!
This survey is completely anonymous and each question is optional. Answer as little or as much as you’d like. If you’re having trouble getting the reader survey to display, CLICK HERE to open it up in a new window.