I’ll just come out and say it… I think cheese is part of my love language. My husband even commented the other day on how cute he thought it was over how excited I get about cheese (Kind of sweet right? And maybe embarrassing to share? haha!), and by that I mean a good cheese platter, dish or anything in between. While I’m slowly weaning myself off of having too much dairy in the new year (yikes!), I’ll admit that this cranberry baked brie dish was my lunch one of the days during our holiday break. It’s the perfect appetizer to serve when guests are arriving, great to take to a gathering and it’s so simple to make with just a few ingredients!
While a smooth and creamy baked brie is great on it’s own, the addition of fresh cranberry sauce brings a tangy and complimentary flavor to the dish. So, put away the store bought deli cheese tray and make everyones mouth water with this appetizer that can be on the table in less than 20 minutes. Believe me, it’s worth it 😉 And everyone loves a good baked brie, I know I do!
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water (or orange juice)
- zest of one orange, divided (optional)
- 1 wheel brie
- (crackers for serving)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add cranberries, sugar, water (or orange juice) and about half of the orange zest to a medium saucepan, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the cranberry sauce is simmering, line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and place the brie in the center of the sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and just begins to ooze out the side.
- Transfer baked brie to a serving tray. (I like to leave it on the parchment paper since it can be messy.)
- Top with the cranberry sauce, and sprinkle with remaining orange zest (optional).
- Serve immediately with crackers or baked baguette slices.
I’d love to hear if you make this dish!! Just snap a photo and hashtag #FreshMommyBlog so I can find you 🙂