You know what I love? Getting to eat something decadent for breakfast without feeling guilty. Or indulging in a yummy afternoon snack that tastes like dessert, but that I know will get me to dinner without excess snacking!
Until this week, I had only ever tried soaking oatmeal as prep for smoothies, but lately I’ve been rushing to the gym early and I needed something quick and protein filled. My mini-bagel or granola bar wasn’t cutting it and I don’t have time to make anything fancier and still make it anywhere on time.
- 1 cup Milk (Almond or Coconut milk works as well)
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbs Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 tbs Honey
- 1 cup Old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Protein Powder
- In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients together. Put in seal able container (such as a mason jar or Tupperware). Cover and refrigerate overnight (or for at least an hour so the oats soften and absorb the liquid). Enjoy cold, or microwave for 30-60 seconds. I also add a few mini chocolate chips when enjoying it as an afternoon snack.
Technically it says overnight, but it just takes a few hours for this to be ready. Another tip? I made a double batch in a large jar and I just spoon a little out each morning. The double batch has easily lasted me all week and that includes a few small afternoon servings when I need a little pick me up! I’m also looking forward to trying this recipe with an added banana or some peanut butter – I think there are tons of possibilities!
What are your quick and filling breakfast recipes??? I’d love to hear and am always looking for new ideas!
You can use any chocolate protein powder in this recipe. Tabitha and I have been using Isagenix lately, and that’s what I used for this recipe, which was delicious!
Think this post is worth a share? We’d LOVE it if you did!