Whip up this simple yet delicious spiced mocha syrup for an easy chile mocha latte or the best spiced iced mocha recipe any time of the day! A little bit of sweetness and a little bit of spice for the perfect pick-me-up!
We spent the day yesterday traipsing around for my birthday, at least for most of the day… and since it was my day, I got to choose where we went! My husband actually had it pretty planned out ahead of time (the sweetest!), but the final choice was all up to me. I’m sure you can guess what was included in our long list of stops. Coffee. Lots of coffee. In fact, my birthday morning was kicked off with a birthday song and coffee brought in to me bedside. Oh and cuddles too, lots of cuddles.
Both give me life. Both give me joy. And both? I just need them… coffee and cuddles. Cuddles and coffee. Talk about #MomLife right?!Ninja Coffee Bar system lately and can I just say that it’s be FUN! With single brew as well as carafe brew options, I can make a mug for me or more for hosting guests. I can select to brew over ice for the perfect iced coffee or brew strong to create my own at-home style latte. And the best part? The frother! I can easily froth either hot or COLD (the first at-home system to froth cold) for my hot or cold drinks.
For this iced spiced mocha recipe, I just chose to brew a strong brew over ice (even better when made with coffee ice cubes, I need to make more!!) and poured over the spiced mocha syrup. Topped with milk, it’s so delicious!
- For the Spiced Chocolate Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1/2 cup honey (or other sweetener)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more, to taste!)
- 1/2 cup Spicy Chocolate sauce (recipe above)
- 2 cups Ninja Coffee Bar System Brewed coffee (to desired strength)
- 1 cup cold milk of choice (I used coconut)
- plenty of ice
- extra chocolate sauce for serving
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, sugar, honey, cocoa powder, cinnamon and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to a simmer while constantly whisking until the cocoa powder to totally dissolves.
- Bring to a simmer and simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely. Store covered in the fridge.
- Place 1/4 cup of chocolate sauce in the bottom of each cup, top with ice.
- Pour 1-2 cups of chilled coffee in each glass.
- Top with 1/2 cup cold milk (or more), to taste.
- Garnish with extra chocolate sauce.
- Stir and enjoy!