This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AlwaysTheBestPart #CollectiveBias
It’s no secret, my love of coffee and all coffee flavored things. Oh and mocha, and let’s just say the list could go on. In fact this love is so well known that just the other day we were wandering through the market looking for “healthier” options for ice cream and my son exclaimed, “Mom, this one is coffee flavored!! Oh! And here’s a mocha coconut ice cream!”
They know me.
With my family focused on being intentional and setting goals for a healthier lifestyle, we have been making an effort to eat more at home, and create dishes and treats we all love. That being said, I do have to say, in a household of four kids, this mama needs some quick fixes too! This is when planning and preparation are going to be this momma’s best friend.
DELICIOUS MOCHA NO BAKE PROTEIN BARS
I set out to create a quick and easy snack that our family can make ahead of time and have ready for those times we need something to fill our bellies when we don’t have a lot of time to cook. I wanted options for busy mornings when cereal is on the agenda for the kids and I also needed a snack idea for afternoon pick-me-ups. With those two meals in mind… protein bars were an idea that felt doable, nutritional and would be a suitable breakfast or snack option.
Enter our yummy no bake protein bars, they are flavored with coffee and chocolate and filled with good-for-you protein. And while they set in the fridge after mixing, my favorite is to actually freeze them because then they’re more like a protein ice cream bar than anything else!
This quick and simple coffee recipe is even simpler with coffee in a K-Cup. If you’ve been reading for awhile, you know my home is always stocked with Folgers, and especially K-Cups since it’s the same Folgers taste in a more convenient way. I didn’t stray for this recipe either. Folgers® Classic Roast® Coffee K-Cup® Pods were the perfect brew with just the right amount of flavor and aroma coming through in the no bake protein bars.
Though my favorite sip is actually a mild brew (do you even remember back to a time when I didn’t like coffee? It wasn’t all that long ago!), so I paired my no bake protein bar with a light-bodied cup of Folgers® Morning Cafe® Coffee K-Cup® Pods for my morning indulgence!
You can pick up both of these Folgers K-Cup flavors and more next time you’re at Stop and Shop… and save with this coupon as well!
- 3-4 scoops plant-based vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 tbsp sweetener of choice, to taste
- Up to 1 cup cold coffee
- Toppings (optional)
- Melted chocolate
- Shredded Coconut
- Line a square pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the protein powder, cocoa powder, oats, and sweetener. Mix in the cold coffee until fully incorporated. Transfer the mixture into the prepared pan, and evenly press it down with a spatula. Chill for at least 2 hours, or until firm, before slicing into bars.
- For a frozen treat, freeze and enjoy.
- These stay slightly "fudgy" and don't harden like a crisp protein bar, but are easy to make and delicious!