Okay, so we’re finishing up #SmoresWeek at the beginning of this week because besides the whirlwind weekend we had with the Dolphin Tale 2 movie screening, tours and interviews, I was still recovering from whatever bug hit me last week… so the few moments of downtime were spent either laying down for a quick rest or sipping something to try and help. Happy to report that I’m feeling much better now! One good night of sleep will tend to help do that. Sorry, alarm clock, I didn’t mean to hit you quite so hard this morning.
So back to this drink, we wanted to round out our delicious #SmoresWeek journey with something that could take us perfectly into fall… and this doesn’t disappoint. A twist from our Pumpkin Spice Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate, with all the goodness of s’mores and made with Rolos! How could it not be divine?
First, my cute little sidekicks unwrapped a bunch of Rolos, crushed up some graham crackers and taste-tested a few mini marshmallows for me, while I melted some dark chocolate chips in a saucepan of milk. Then while I chopped up the Rolos to add in to the milk mixture, along with some cream and a pinch of sea salt, they rubbed a marshmallow along the rim of our mugs to make them nice and sticky… and ready to dip in the crushed graham crackers. Good little helpers, I tell you. And cute too.
The result? Rich, creamy, chocolate goodness in a cup! But we’re not done yet! Next it’s time to pile on the marshmallows to roast, then garnish with more crumbled graham crackers, chocolate syrup and another dash of sea salt. It’s seriously soooo delicious, and while it’s perfect for a cool summer evening, this is a great mug to make an enjoy any night of the year… I can just imagine the snow falling outside the window while sipping.
- 8 ounces milk
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped Rolos
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- crushed graham cracker
- mini marshmallows
- pinch sea salt
- chocolate syrup
- Warm the milk and dark chocolate in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently. When the chocolate is melted, whisk in the cream and Rolos. As you mix, add in salt and whisk until creamy.
- Rub marshmallow in the rim of mugs to make sticky and dip into your crushed graham cracker until it sticks.
- Pile the mini marshmallows on top and place mugs on a cookie sheet in the oven on top rack on broil. Watch it, because the marshmallows will roast quickly!
- Once marshmallows are roasted, top with a garnish of chocolate syrup, graham cracker crumbles and a sprinkle of sea salt.
I’d love to know if you make this, or what your favorite recipe from #SmoresWeek has been! Thank you so much for sticking around through this decadently sweet week!