There’s nothing like biting into a delicious and chocolatey treat, especially when it’s also healthy for you! This year, my husband hasn’t been eating sweets… I know right? So, one particular night, I wanted to make brownies. Since I love him so, I didn’t want to make something that everyone would eat except for him, but rather I wanted to make something for him to enjoy… while staving off treats and eating healthier.
Enter these protein packed brownies! They definitely have a little different texture than a classic brownie. Think of this being a texture closer to fudge than a cake. Also, these aren’t over-the-top sweet, so if you crave a much sweeter treat, than you may want to up the sweetener you use in the recipe (or add a tad of sugar).
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup honey (or another sweetener of your preference)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg white
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a small baking pan with wax or parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients into a blender. Combine until smooth.
- Pour into your lined pan and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Let cool and then using the paper, slide the brownies out of the pan to cut.
- To add in a flavorful twist, add a few drops of either Orange or Peppermint Essential oil!
What is one of your favorite healthy treats? I don’t think I could do what my husband did and give sweets up… but I do love finding healthy alternatives!
Use your favorite chocolate protein powder for this recipe! I’ve been using Isagenix for awhile now and love it. Also, if you’re adding essential oils to your recipe, make sure they are a 100% pure brand that is ingestible, we recommend and use SparkNaturals for all of our oils and recipes. Use code FRESHMOMMY for 10% off every order!