We are always a fan of tacos… Taco Tuesday is a favorite around our place! So any reason to celebrate with some of our favorite flavors is a hit in our house. So ya’ll, happy Cinco de Mayo! If you’re looking for a quick and easy spread, then look no further. Plus, we’ve made the easiest churro recipe ever!!! With four kids, simple and easy meals is always a part of my vocabulary, and it’s no different on a holiday (even if it’s a holiday we’re borrowing from another country!).
For our Cinco de Mayo, we just laid out a ton of DIY options and let everyone go crazy. A simple (but amazingly delicious) blender salsa, fruit salsa, guacamole, taco meat, corn salsa were all toppings and then a base of tortilla chips, tostada shells and soft tortilla shells were all available we well.
To make these simple churros, just use crescent rolls, butter, cinnamon and sugar! You can also use refrigerated dough as well.
- If you’re using crescent rolls, open up the containers and leave every two rolls together to create a rectangle, you can even pinch the seam to make sure they’re stuck together.
- Once you’ve got your rectangles laid out, spread melted butter over each one and top every other with a good coating of cinnamon and sugar.
- Use the un-sugared rectangle to cover your sugared rectangle. Pinch at the edges.
- Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut each section into 5 or 6 strips. Twist and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 for about 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once baked, go ahead and give another coat of butter and your cinnamon sugar mixture and enjoy! (And belive me, everyone really will enjoy these!)
What are some of your favorite taco creations or party flavors? Have you made a churro recipe before? I’d love to hear! And again, Happy Cinco de Mayo!!