I don’t know about you, but fresh Mexican food (or good Tex-Mex) is something I could eat almost every day. When the sun is shining and the temperatures are rising, it’s what a crave… A go-to summer food, especially after a day at the beach or afternoon in the pool.
To be honest, we haven’t found a great restaurant near us yet and so we’ve taken to the kitchen, making our own dishes fairly often now the the taste of summer is upon us. Of course a good platter of fajitas or tacos calls for great salsa and guacamole, and this blender salsa is easy enough to whip up and the fresh flavors are right on par!
Last weekend, I was making a batch and posted this photo on Instagram when realized that I forgot the limes! Lime Essential Oil to the rescue. A few drops and all was right again… no putting dinner on hold and running out to the store. I had fresh cilantro, but another great oil to have on hand or to use in a dish like this or for our fresh guacamole, is Cilantro Essential Oil.
- 1 28oz can whole tomatoes (don't drain)
- 1/3 red onion (roughly chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 1-2 jalepenos (de-stemmed and de-seeded / optional)
- 2 handfuls cilantro (or sub 5 drops Cilantro EO, can add more to taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp sweetener (agave or coconut sugar)
- Juice of one lime (or sub 6 Lime EO, can add more to taste)
- Freshly ground Himalayan salt to taste
- Throw it all in the blender and whirl until smooth!
As always, you can use code FRESHMOMMY for 10% any order from SparkNaturals.com to get 100% pure and therapeutic essential oils.
This this post is worth a read? We’d love if you shared too!