Serving a crowd on a chilly day? Nothing warms and comforts like a steaming hot cocoa. This creamy crockpot hot chocolate is a total crowd pleaser. It’s rich, smooth and delicious! Plus, it’s easy for you to make, just toss the ingredients in the crockpot and let it take care of the rest.
With the weather finally turning to “chill mode” here in Florida, our version of winter, we turn to all things cozy to create that winer scene our bodies crave this time of the year.
We’ve been installing a fireplace (one of my FAVORITE changes in our home, oh, who am I kidding, they’re all my favorite!) and have a sneak peek on Instagram. As it so happens, it’s electric, so I have have a fire going all day long without heating us out of the house.
Our oven has been getting put to good use and we’ve replenished our bags of flour about three times this season already.
With the tree all trimmed and windows open in the evening to allow the cool breeze to envelope us, hot chocolate is on a constant rotation. So, besides being a great finale to a holiday party, it’s also perfect for our family of six to settle in for an evening of Christmas movies! And one we’ll be using time and again (especially since I’ve added “stay up late and enjoy hot chocolate” as one of our Advent Calendar activities!)
The good thing? This creamy crockpot hot chocolate is easy to set it and forget it… and then enjoy it!
So, what about you? Do you have a favorite or signature drink you love serving this holiday season? I’d love to know what it is!
- 1.5 cups whipping cream
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups of HERSHEY’S Special Dark Chocolate Chips
- Stir together the whipping cream, milk, vanilla, and chocolate chips in a crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until mixture is hot and chocolate chips are melted. Stir again before serving.
- Keep an array of hot cocoa toppings nearby for guests to customize their creamy cup of chocolaty goodness!