It’s easy to put so much pressure on ourselves when entertaining, but I’m here to take just a little of that pressure off with a few hostess must-have tips and tricks, plus a DELICIOUS crowd-pleasing Hawaiian Chicken Sliders recipe in this post in partnership Rubbermaid!
DELICIOUS HAWAIIAN CHICKEN SLIDERS
I have to admit, I love to have people over and entertain, and yet on the other hand, with four kids, it can sometimes be overwhelming. The cleaning, the planning ahead, the food that can please everyone… it all adds up to a lot of planning at times. Lately, I’ve been taking the more laid back approach with some easy summer entertaining and enlisting the help of our grill to take some of that pressure!
This ridiculously easy kids table always helps to keep the little ones entertained, too!
I want our home to be an oasis, both for us and those that come through our doors. I want it to feel welcoming and inviting… a welcome place both where we feel at home as well as place others can feel like a part of the family.
Be sure to watch the video above, or over on YouTube, of one of our favorite summertime recipes (SO good, printable recipe below as well) along with a few tips for easy entertaining!!!! I was excited to partner up with SheSpeaks and Rubbermaid to open up my home to you and give you the behind the scenes look at setting up a laid back BBQ.
Have you made Hawaiian chicken sliders before? What’s your favorite go-to easy entertaining recipe? I’d love to know!
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- ¼ c canned pineapple juice
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tbsp. mincedgarlic
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ounces fresh pineapple, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large, ripe mango, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 head red cabbage, finely shredded
- 3 green onions, green and pale green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 package dinner rolls, sliced
- BBQ sauce for topping
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade and pour over the chicken in a leak-proof container. Marinate for at least an hour or overnight.
- Once chicken is marinated, cook via your preferred method and shred the chicken.
- Combine ¼ cup cider vinegar, ¼ cup canola oil, 2 tbsp. sugar and some salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk until the sugar dissolves.
- Combine the pineapple, mango and red cabbage in a large container. I like to use these leak-proof Rubbermaid BRILLIACE storage containers, because I can just cover with the lid to let the flavors meld together, and if there is extra food leftover, I’m ready to store it!
- Season with salt and pepper, add the dressing and toss to coat. Add the green onions and cilantro and toss again. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.