Are you tired of serving cold pancakes? If you have a large family like ours, you know how hard it is to plate warm pancakes to everyone. I found a solution, sheet pan pancakes with Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix.
Sheet pan pancakes are great. There is no flipping, there is plenty of room for different flavors, and everyone gets their pancakes served hot.
Sheet pan pancakes have been a great solution for our weekend breakfast buffet. Honestly, our family loves breakfast, so we do breakfast for dinner pretty often too.
This pancake recipe was such a family win I wanted to share it with all of you. I love that I don’t feel like a short-order cook with all of the pancake flavor requests… we can add mix-ins to the batter right in the sheet pan, and pull out hot and ready pancakes in multiple flavors.
So, keep reading for our best family breakfast tips, pancake filling ideas, and our easy sheet pan pancake recipe with Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix.
Family Breakfast Ideas
When I say that our family loves breakfast, I’m not exaggerating. Take a moment to look through all of the great breakfast ideas and recipes on our site.
But here are a few of my favorite quick tips for a fun family breakfast:
- Try an indoor picnic breakfast.
- Breakfast for dinner family date night.
- Add a variety of fruits (kids love choices).
- Add a charcuterie tray for a no-cook breakfast side.
- Make simple parfaits for a decadent feel.
- Add mocktails to feel fancy.
- The presentation makes everything taste better, so try pulling out your fancy dishes, add flowers and colorful fruits and veggies.
People who eat breakfast are 12.3% healthier throughout the day than those who don’t, and people who don’t eat breakfast eat 6.8% more food throughout the day.the data that breakfast is the most important meal
A study from the Cleveland Clinic showed that teenagers between ages 16 and 18 who ate breakfast before school got better grades than students who tended to skip breakfast.maybe it’s time for breakfast
37 Pancake Add-in Ideas
We love trying different pancake add-ins and mixes. There are lots of fun recipes for the changing seasons and holidays. Some of the following can be dropped, swirled, or sprinkled in your Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix sheet pan pancakes, while others are mixed in before pouring:
Drop, Swirl, Sprinkle Pancake Add-ins
- Honey Pancakes—drizzle honey in the batter
- Yogurt/Greek Yogurt Pancakes—add in favorite yogurt
- Nutty Pancakes—a mix of chopped nuts
- Coffee Lovers—espresso powder
- Strawberry Banana—chopped strawberries and sliced banana
- Raspberry White Chocolate Chip—raspberries and white chocolate chips
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes—mini chocolate chips
- Apple Cinnamon—applesauce (and/or tiny chopped apples) and cinnamon
- Banana Nut (Walnut)—banana and chopped walnuts
- Orange Cranberry— orange juice, orange zest, and chopped cranberries (use fresh or dried)
- Snickerdoodle Pancakes—brown sugar and cinnamon
- Macadamia Nut—chopped macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips
- Oatmeal Raisin Pancakes—oats and dried raisins
- Peanut Butter (or nut-free spread) and Jelly
- Maple Cinnamon Pancakes—pure maple syrup and cinnamon
- Bacon Pancakes—cooked bacon
- Pineapple Pancakes—crushed pineapple
- Banana Split—bananas, mini chocolate chips, and chopped cherries
- Mixed Berry—chopped strawberries, raspberries, blueberries
- Nutella Pancakes—drizzle in Nutella
- Chocolate, peanut butter & banana
- Blueberry—it’s a classic
- Cranberry—dried cranberries and goat cheese
- Fall Savory Pancakes—butternut squash and Stilton
- Mango Pancakes— chopped mango and drizzled honey
Pancake Add-in Mix Ideas
- Pumpkin Pancakes—pureed pumpkin and pumpkin spices
- Lemon Poppyseed—lemon zest, lemon juice, and poppyseeds
- Coconut Pancakes—coconut milk, topped with coconut flakes
- Gingerbread Pancakes—ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and molasses
- Chocolate Pancakes—cocoa powder
- Carrot Cake Pancakes—cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, vanilla, and finely shredded carrot
- Zucchini Pancakes—sneak in shredded zucchini
- Mint Chocolate Chip—mint extract and chocolate chips
- Lemon Blueberry—lemon zest, lemon juice, and blueberries
- Eggnog Pancakes—eggnog instead of milk
- Peanut Butter Cup Pancake—cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and peanut butter
- Cinnamon Roll Pancakes—cinnamon, brown sugar, and vanilla
A recent survey by the NPD Group found that 31 million Americans, about 10 percent of the U.S. population, do not eat breakfast.31 Million Americans Skip Breakfast Each Day
How to Make Sheet Pan Pancakes with Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F and coat an 18-by-13-inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Prepare 3 cups of Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix according to the package directions. Pour the batter into the pan, spreading it into an even layer.
3. Create sections in the batter and dollop, swirl and sprinkle different add-ins in each area.
4. Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 12 to 15 minutes.
You can use your favorite family pancake mix or recipe, we just like to have the simple “just add water” option from Krusteaz.
Final Dish on Sheet Pan Pancakes With Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix
I hope you see how amazingly easy these sheet pan pancakes with Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix are. My kids love them. And it’s a great way bring everyone together for a family meal.
I am so happy to team up with Krusteaz to bring you this post. The Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix is delicious and what we usually have on hand. We also like their protein mix that has 100% whole grains and 15 grams of protein in every delicious serving.
I love how we can customize the mix. The add-ins can easily change to suit our mood or to satisfy the preferences of our big crew. And it’s easy on me by using one light, fluffy pancake mix.
Let me know if I missed your favorite pancake add-ins in the comments below.
How have you used Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake mix? Let me know in a comment below!