An essential oil medicine cabinet makeover, for natural healthy alternatives without the side effects!
There are so many of us on a journey to a more natural life. Cutting out the toxins and using more holistic remedies for our bodies… and many times that desire comes when kids come into the picture. All of a sudden we start to think a little more about what we’re putting into and onto our bodies. That and the help of so much more information available and research that shows just what kind of toll chemicals have on our bodies.
Lately, I’ve been asked more and more just where to start because it can seem overwhelming. Today I’m going to give you some tips and alternatives that will help you rid your medicine cabinet of harmful chemicals and give it a natural makeover! Read on for a few oils that would be a great starting point for your medicine cabinet and can relieve a myriad of symptoms. Natural remedies can sometimes work a little slower than synthetic, but using them at the start of any symptom helps the relief to take effect more quickly and the long term effects are much cleaner and healthier for your body.
Medicine Cabinet Makeover for Natural Health
Just a drop of oil (diluted) on the effected area, and not close to eyes, helps to bring relief. While pregnant, I stick with peppermint oil as Birch is in Amend+, and while it’s a GREAT pain reliever it’s an oil to avoid when pregnant.
Related: Check out this list of potent essential oils and remedies for muscle aches and pain relief that you need in your medicine cabinet makeover!
- Band aids, gauze and tape for cuts, burns and scrapes
- Lavender Essential Oil, Lemon Essential Oil or Rosemary Oil for bug bite and itch relief
- Hydrogen Peroxide for cleaning wounds
- Peppermint Essential Oil helps keep bugs away
- Our new ready-to-use Boo-Boo Roll-On Blend is a great bottle to have on hand for cuts and bites!
- Lavender Essential oil immediate burn relief and quicker healing and bruises for faster healing as well
- Frankincense Essential Oil – Dilute with fractionated coconut oil and rub on skin
- Shield Essential Oil -Diffuse, gargle in water for sore throats, apply on the bottom of feet 4-5X daily
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil or Respire Essential Oil Blend – Apply to bottom of feet or diluted on the chest, diffuse
- Respire Stix – An easy-to-apply, non-messy, all-natural vapor rub
- Lavender Essential Oil – Apply (diluted) to sinus areas to relieve runny nose and sneezing
- Hydrogen Peroxide – Find out how here
- Saline Mist (nasal spray)
- Thermometer – I use this one
Related: Check out this list of ways to stay healthy during cold and flu season!
- Peppermint Essential Oil – One drop diluted on soles of feet
- Roman Chamomile Essential Oil – On children 2 and under
- Peppermint Essential Oil – Apply one drop to the tongue or in a glass of water to freshen and help relieve nausea or indigestion
- Ginger and Fennel Essential Oils are great options – Rub on stomach and soles of feet, well diluted first
- Lemon Essential Oil – Add one drop to a glass of water, diffuse or rub a drop in hands and sniff for nausea or indigestion
- Our kid-safe and ready-to-use Tummy Buddy Essential Oil Blend is also a mix of many of the above oils and ready to apply right after opening!
- Shield Essential Oil -Diffuse, apply on the bottom of feet 4-5X daily
- Create an Essential Oil Blend of 10 drops Basil Essential Oil, 10 drops Melaleuca Essential Oil and 10 drops Lavender Essential Oil – Dilute and rub on the area outside of the ear, do not put oil in the ear.
Keep Reading for More Medicine Cabinet Makeover Tips!
- Create an Essential Oil Blend of 10 drops Lemon Essential Oil, 10 drops Lavender Essential Oil and 10 drops Peppermint Essential Oil to apply to soles of feet at least 2X/day, diffuse, gargle, apply diluted to the sinus area
- Saline Mist (nasal spray)
- Lavender Essential Oil – Dilute and rub on the affected area
- Peppermint Essential Oil – Diffuse and apply to soles of feet to relieve brain fog. Apply to the back of the neck and temples (diluted) for headaches. Rub on stomach for cramps, indigestion, and gas. Apply to the area of pain for body cramps.
- Lavender Essential Oil – Diffuse, apply to soles of feet and back of neck to induce calm
- Bliss Essential Oil Blend – Diffuse throughout the day to relieve stress. Apply to soles of feet at bedtime to promote sleep and rest.
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil – Diffuse, apply to soles of feet or dilute and apply to chest to relieve congestion for better sleep
Other Essential Oil Helpers for Your Medicine Cabinet Makeover:
We’ve also been making our own natural deodorant with essential oils, that really works! Just ask my husband, and even in the Florida heat!
Some of the oils and blends that I mentioned above (especially peppermint oil) I like to keep already pre-diluted with fractionated coconut oil in these roller bottles for super easy application throughout the day as well.
New KID-SAFE Ready-To-Use Essential Oil Blends for your Medicine Cabinet Makeover:
I wanted to find a simple solution for all of us that felt overwhelmed with where to start. For the times we want to see the benefits but didn’t want to mix up fresh oils EACH time, because – TIME. For the moments we need something to soothe our babes to sleep or help with a cut or scrape but didn’t want to refer to a manual each time for what is safe, how much to use, and the list goes on.
Enter our tried and tested roll-on blends that are READY-TO-USE, meaning just open and apply, as these are already mixed with fractionated coconut oil!
TUMMY BUDDY – We use oils that help aid digestion, and overall can help with stomach issues (gas, pains, nausea, etc). Rub it on the tummy when it needs a little TLC.
HOMEWORK HELPER – We use oils that help focus and bringing a sense of calm (just not a sleepy calm!). Many of these oils are said to help with ADHD as well. Use in the morning, before school and before study time.
BOO BOO BLEND – We use oils that are healing to the skin. Great for cuts, scrapes, burns, bug bites and even bruises! My kids grab it and apply themselves when needed.
I’m so excited to help you feel LESS pressure and LESS stress about how to use oils for your family, and MORE equipped to do so with pure essential oils!
I hope this helps you clean up and clean out while you have your own medicine cabinet makeover, knowing there is an easy and healthy alternative to taking care of yourself and your kiddos! There are definitely so many more oils and options as well, but it’s simple to choose a few and start there taking your time to learn about each one. I wanted to make it easy for you and hopefully sharing what we use and what we do in our own home will help.