So, I made this delicious plate for lunch a couple of weeks ago, and it was SO good. Even Skylar loved it, and of course, I was sharing from my own plate with him and just really didn’t want to do that. I wanted it all for myself. And I tried keeping it all to myself, but he wouldn’t hear that.
Alas, I had to make it again, and this next time? I made more. Everyone had their own plate. No sharing necessary. Because believe me, you won’t want to share this one!
It’s actually a pretty simple dish to prepare. Although, I do prefer it with larger sliced bread… this just happened to be what I had when I asked my husband to swing by the bakery and pick up a loaf of french bread, sliced. But you know what? It totally worked! So, whatever kind of baguette you can find, use it.
This dish starts by pan searing some sliced baguette in a bit of oil and rosemary. And of course, a cute little helper on your hip that doesn’t want to be put down is totally optional.
Toasted rosemary bruschetta, topped with prosciutto, pan seared asparagus, parmesan cheese and an over easy egg so the yolk can break and act as a sauce to cover the rest. SO good I tell you. So good.
- Sliced baguette
- Handful of asparagus
- 4 eggs
- Oil (olive or grape seed)
- Dried rosemary
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Start by heating a pan with oil, either grape seed or olive oil, and lightly toast the baguette with some dried rosemary. Cook for about 1 minute on each side. When slightly toasted, set aside.
- In the same pan, sear about 12 stalks of asparagus until just tender yet still slightly crispy. Add in a little black pepper to taste and set aside.
- Begin to plate your dish, beginning with the toasted baguette, layer with some sliced prosciutto and top with a few spears of asparagus. Add grated parmesan on top.
- In the pan, fry an egg over easy, and then place on top of your dish. Add black pepper to taste and serve hot.
Did I mention that this is SO good?! Really, the very next time you get a chance, make this dish. You’ll be glad you did.
Think this post is worth a share? We’d be so happy if you did!
I would have never thought of putting eggs and asparagus together!! This does look so good though!!!