This deliciously sweet and savory Steak Gorgonzola-Alfredo with Balsamic Glaze recipe is perfect for dinner, parties, and sharing across the table; especially for the men in your life… think Father’s Day dinner!
With Father’s Day fast approaching, it’s time to think about how we honor and celebrate dad! I know for us, it’s a tradition to gather around the table with a meal we know dad loves and share stories, laughs, and thankful memories as we pass the food.
Sometimes planning and prepping a meal (especially one you want to impress him with), as well as planning the table settings and flow, can all be a big job. Something I’ve grown to love is serving dishes “family style” on our long farmhouse table. Getting everyone involved in crafting their plates encourages the conversation to start flowing, helps everyone partake in just what they like, and also takes a little pressure off the hostess; making room for a good time and is definitely the right recipe of its own for a celebration.
Not too long ago, on a rare date night to ourselves, we opted for an Italian restaurant and a delicious dish of Alfredo pasta, spinach, gorgonzola, steak and balsamic glaze ended up on the table in front of my husband. He LOVED it. What I noticed as well? It was on most of the tables around us (mainly ordered by men) and our waitress even mentioned that it was one of the most popular dishes. With that, it was a lightbulb moment and I knew it would be the perfect dish to recreate and celebrate the father of my children; especially because he enjoyed it so much. Yep, making a meal is one of the ways I show love. And you know, I pretty much love eating it too.
Especially this balsamic glaze. The nectar of the gods. Sweet liquid gold. Seriously though, it can be used on ANYTHING. We’re storing the rest and using it on ice cream, grilled fruits, any kind of meat (some tacos with grilled shrimp, yum!)… SO many things. If you take anything away from this recipe, let it be the glaze. And the steak.
Okay, let’s get to making this Steak Gorgonzola Alfredo with Balsamic Glaze!
- 2- 12oz Boneless Strip Steaks
- 1 box Fettuccine pasta
- 15 oz Alfredo pasta sauce
- 1 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 handfuls Spinach
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- Fill a large pot with water to boil and cook pasta according to directions.
- While waiting for water to boil, in a small saucepan, heat balsamic vinegar over medium heat. When vinegar begins to simmer, add in sugar and a pinch of salt. Cook the mixture at a simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes. It will be slightly thicker, but not sticky. Allow to cool completely. You can even transfer to another container and place in the fridge to speed the cooling process.
- While the pasta and the glaze are cooking, it's time to fire up those steaks! If cooking indoors, heat a skillet with butter and place seasoned steaks over the heat. Cook for about 6 minutes on each side for medium, remove from heat and let rest.
- Once the pasta is cooked, strain and place in a large bowl. Mix in Alfredo sauce (you can use your favorite recipe or pre-made version). With the pasta steaming, add in two large handfulls of fresh spinach and stir to combine.
- Set the table "Family Style" with plates and flatware and place food dishes along the center, steak on a cutting board, bowl of pasta and the toppings of gorgonzola cheese and balsamic glaze.
- To plate, first serve a generous helping of the Alfredo pasta mixture, top with slices of the steak, top with gorgonzola cheese and drizzle with the balsamic glaze.
Whether it’s continuing family traditions or starting new ones, how do you celebrate dad in your family? Do you use mealtime to create a memorable Father’s Day or to honor that special father in your life?
Give this recipe a try? I’d love to hear!! Just tag us on social @TabithaBlue or use the hashtag #FreshMommyBlog!