Okay you guys, in my quest for making the most amazing popsicles, I happened to make the most amazing dulce de leche coffee recipe. It’s seriously so, so good. I ended up only freezing half of the batch once I made it, and kept the rest in the fridge to use as iced coffee.
I started off by making an Americano with our espresso machine. Not to worry if you don’t have one, an Americano is just espresso and hot water, so you could make this recipe with a strong cup of brewed coffee, whichever is your favorite. For this one though, I pulled two shots and added in about a half cup of hot water to create a strong Americano. And then I added in the other two ingredients to make it sweet, creamy and oh so dreamy.
Dulce de Leche Coffee Popsicles
Delicious and creamy coffee flavored popsicles.
- 1 Cup Coffee of Choice
- 3/4 Cup Dulce de Leche (or about half a can)
- 1/4 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk (slowly add more to taste)
- Splash of Kahlúa if desired
- Brew a strong cup of coffee, or if you have an espresso machine, pull two shots of espresso and add hot water to make one cup (an Americano).
- While coffee is hot, add in dulce de leche and stir to melt and combine.
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk.
- This makes an AMAZING batch of dulce de leche coffee, you can drink it now, chill it and have on hand as your favorite iced coffee, or freeze in popsicle molds for a refreshing and energizing treat!
These Dulce de Leche Coffee popsicles are a simple, creamy, delicious coffee flavored treat that have been a proven crowd pleaser.
I added a little extra of the sweetened milk to the top of the popsicle molds, which clearly didn’t freeze quite well, so I wouldn’t do that again. But the little bit of dark chocolate drizzle on top, yes please. Just melt a handful of dark chocolate chips in the microwave and drizzle on top of the popsicle once you remove it from the mold, and serve. If you’re looking for a great after-dinner treat for summer to replace a hot cup of coffee, or even just need a mid-day pick-me-up, this is so it!
Don’t miss our other fun popsicle recipes, like the Tropical Avocado Pops, Nutella Pudding Pops and the creamy, berry-licious Americana Pops!
Leave a Reply